*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The go with the flow attitude, loose body posture and blowing wind hitting your face, is without a doubt, one of the most thrilling and elating components of motorcycling. The concept of adding tunes on to the motorcycle adds up to this experience – adding this experience to your motor ride requires the installation of motorcycle speakers.
If you are going to shop around for the best motorcycle speakers and are not sure of what to purchase, then you are reading the correct article. It is not easy to choose the best pick for your motorbike, because buying speakers for a motorcycle is an entirely different story compared to buying speakers for your car or truck.
Attention: The internal data of table “54” is corrupted!
What Features Should You Consider When Buying Motorcycle Speakers?
Type of Speakers: This is one important decision to make: do you want Bluetooth speakers, motorcycle handle bar speakers or motorcycle helmet speakers? Handlebar speakers are generally the most popular choice among the cruising motorcycles, while the younger crowd on the crotch rockets might go for wireless Bluetooth speakers/headphones in their helmets.
Input Source: There are two choices that you can make regarding input source: You can opt for speakers that require a head unit for input, or you can go for those that require a portable device such a MP3 player or iPod to connect with. In many cases, the head unit and speakers may come together as a package.
Water Proof or Water Resistant: In order to stand against light rain, you can opt for water resistant speakers but if you live in a region where heavy rainfalls are nothing but a routine, then you should go for completely waterproof motorcycle speakers.
Features That Differentiate The Best Speakers From The Average Products
Buying motorcycle speakers comes with many perks including some amazing sound quality. The type of speaker a person wants to buy largely depends on different features they value the most. Here’s a list of such features and their benefits:
Speaker Size: The size of the speakers plays an important role in both the comfort level of the bike rider, as well as in the sound quality the speakers are able to produce. Consider the overall look and thickness of a speaker. This will help you analyze the comfort level of the speakers that whether or not they can get easily affixed either on the handlebars or in the helmet. The depth and diameter of the speakers will have a direct impact on the sound quality, and the frequency range that can be produced.
Sound Quality: Another major feature that motorcycle riders must keep in mind is the quality of sound that the speakers produce. While each organization claims to sell the best product on the market, the only way to check the accuracy of their claim is by experiencing it yourself, or checking out the opinions of experts. Keep in mind that every rider is different and prefer different things – those that strictly listen to rap or hip-hop may choose completely different speakers, from someone who exclusively listens to jazz.
Wattage: Different speakers have different wattage values, which effect their overall performance and volume. Generally, the lower wattage speakers are less powerful compared to those with higher wattage capabilities. The selection of wattage in the best motorcycle speakers for you, greatly depends on the areas you travel the most.
The higher the wattage, the higher potential volume. If you use your bike to ride around towns or streets then low wattage speakers may do just fine. Those who find themselves traveling on highways may choose to go the higher wattage speakers to compensate for the loud noise that often accompanies highway motorcycle riding.
Motorcycle speakers are a great choice for those who commute on their bikes or take long road trips. Speakers and loud music are great additions to an already thrilling motorcycle experience.
#1 Shkc6800 Chrome 1000 Watt 4 Ch Motorcycle Audio System Review
This system has it all. The Shkc6800 Chrome 1000 Watt 4 channel motorcycle audio system is designed with Bluetooth capabilities, so you can easily connect to any portable audio device. Simply connect, and enjoy the ride of music.
Given the 4 channels, you will have 4 high-quality motorcycle speakers facing you on your bike. The built in FM tuner has an external antenna to ensure good reception. Overall, it is quite easy to install as it has an external jack for the antenna. USB connections and mirror brackets are also included. The fully functional remote control is also a plus – no need to worry about keeping your phone in your pocket to change songs. In short you get a box that contains:
- External antenna jack.
- A waterproof antenna for FM radio reception.
- 4 speakers with included brackets.
- 2 fully functional wired and wireless remote controls.
- A 1000 watt 4 channel amplifier with built in Bluetooth, FM tuner, 3.5 aux input, SD slot.
#2 Shklxmt485 Motorcycle Aluminum Waterproof Wireless System Review
The Shklxmt485 Motorcycle Aluminum Waterproof Wireless System is a waterproof, heavy duty, wireless Bluetooth stereo system, with a USB charging port. Some of its major positive attributes:
Style: This Bluetooth A2DP wireless stereo system specially designed for biking, racing and cycling. You can control the speakers within the range of 10 meters (30 feet) using the jog dial for: speaker volume control, power on or off, Bluetooth pairing and play & pause. Also, it has a different and new bullet shape metallic covering along with polish chrome treatment that fits nicely with any motorcycle.
Waterproof: The Shklxmt485’s water proof design ensures proper functioning in all weather conditions. The built in coaxial Hi-Fi powerful mid range loud speakers have the ability to rotate 360 degrees (all directions).
Wattage: It has built in 2 channel amplifer, a maximum of 800 watts power output, with Auxiliary 3.5 mm plug port to be used with mp3 players, iPods or portable CD players, if you choose not to go for the Bluetooth connection.
Portability: USB charging port for GPS, mobile phone, Bluetooth headsets or various other devices, is provided. It is easy to install. All you need to do is pair or plug to 12 V DC power supply to play. Properly securing the speakers to your bike may take a little bit more skill than a beginner may choose to partake on their own.
#3 BOSS Audio MC470B Bluetooth Enabled Motorcycle/UTV Speaker Review
If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive speaker system, that looks nice and produces high-quality audio, the BOSS Audio MC470B Bluetooth Enabled Motorcycle/UTV Speaker may be just the product for you.
Water Resistant: These speakers are only water resistant, not waterproof – therefore if your location of residence is often stormy, you should probably go for one of our other top picks. Light splashes of water may be okay, but heavy rainstorms might end up destroying these speakers.
Style: The MC470B package supports A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), a Bluetooth functionality that allows transmission of stereo audio, from source to receiver, wirelessly. Bluetooth technology serves as a short range technology to provide wireless data and audio transmission. We had no problems pairing and interacting with our music source.
Sound Quality: Subwoofers generate sound based on a number of different low range frequencies. The process is known as crossover effect and occurs due to the fact that the majority of audio systems are unable to cover the entire spectrum, sufficiently enough to minimize the effect of sound distortion. With MC470B, you have the ability to turn the switch to the lowest possible frequency, so that you can influence the frequency at which crossover occurs.
#4 BOSS Audio MC600B Bluetooth Enabled Motorcycle/UTV Speaker Review
If you are looking for the best motor cycle musical experience, don’t miss out on the BOSS Audio MC600B’s. These are easily some of the best Bluetooth motorcycle speakers – Here are some reasons why:
Style: The Bluetooth enabled motorcycle speakers have a built in amplifier. System includes two 3″ speakers and 2 channel amplifier. Also includes multifunctional wired remote control and chrome finish speaker pods.
Waterproof: View it as a water resistant but not water proof. All components of the BOSS Audio MC600B Bluetooth Enabled Motorcycle/UTV Speaker package, including the connections for the amplifier, and the surround/spider of the speakers, have been sealed, coated and protected to ensure a durable product that can last long-term effects of rainy weather.
Input Source: Once you have completed an initial setup (very user-friendly) with the Bluetooth enabled device, it will automatically detect and connect the device whenever the units are in range in the future. Simple Bluetooth paring in addition to some high quality speakers results in an enjoyable motorcycle sound system.
#5 Shark SHKC6800 Motorcycle Audio System Review
The Shark Spk6800-spks Motorcycle Atv Waterproof speakers come in a very attractive design with aesthetics that are pleasing to the eye, and sound quality that is pleasing to the ear. These are very good quality motorcycle speakers, with included mirror brackets. Some of its main features include:
- 4×3 inches. Has a rich chrome texture.
- The Shark Spk6800 package is a 100% waterproof marine speaker that will work just fine in a swimming pool under water with 300 watts power in each.
- They work with any amplifier that has a RCA connection.
- It weighs around 1.0 LBS.
- These speakers provide quite decent sound quality but the only limitation is of area and noise around it where the speakers are being used. The smaller the area, the better these speakers will sound.
- The price of these speakers is quite reasonable given the functions they perform and the quality they provide.
- The quality that differs it from rest of the speakers is its different design and neat packaging it comes in.
The Shark Spk6800-spks waterproof motorcycle speakers are a great choice and a complete package for music lovers and motorcycle enthusiasts alike.
#6 BOSS Audio MC420B Bluetooth Enabled Motorcycle Speakers Review
The MC420B Bluetooth enabled motorcycle speakers are another great product from Boss Audio. Some of its great features include:
Water Resistant: They aren’t completely waterproof and there’s an obvious difference between the two. All the major components are made safe from the external effects of weather by providing complete coating and protection. Such major components includes the connections for the amplifier and surround/spider for the speakers.
Style: Its basic designing includes:
- 5 mm Aux Input and RCA.
- 2 channel compact amplifier.
- Adjustable brackets made up of stainless steel.
- High temperature and high impact speaker enclosures.
- Water proof volume control.
- 3 inch chrome speakers that are water resistant.
- All Terrain sound system that is ideal for UTV/ATV, snowmobiles, jet ski, boats and motor bikes.
- Its sensitivity ranges from 150mV to 1V.
- The voltage required for operation is 10 to 16 volts.
- Frequency response varies from 80 Hz to 15 KHz.
- The max power it requires is 600 watts and RMS power is 300 watts.
- It provides Bluetooth audio streaming.
- It includes a volume controller.
#7 Shark Shkmsm2050k-black Motorcycle 2 Speakers Review
It is a complete motorcycle audio system package, that is able to be connected to any motorcycle in the world via battery. It can be used with the same perfection on ATVs, scooters, golf carts, and all water sports vehicles.
Input Source: It works on dual mode. This system allows you to change the channels on FM using wireless control. It also allows for the use of an SD card or mp3 player to play back music. The built in FM antenna ensures high-quality FM radio reception.
Water Proof: These are completely water proof and weatherproof, meaning they can withstand the heavy rainfall of South Florida, for example.
Style: This new marine technology with lower power requirements and big and clear sound is a great addition to your bike. The amplifier includes mounting brackets that will go nicely with any motorcycle.
Its other notable features include:
- Slim wireless remote control.
- Suitable for 12 volts motorcycles.
- Frequency response ranging from 20 Hz to 50kHz.
- Sensitivity level equal to 50 mV.
- Frequency range from 87.5 to 108 MHZ.
#8 BOSS Audio MC500 Motorcycle/UTV Amplifier Speaker System Review
This is another great product from Boss Audio family with a long list of different exciting features that will surely make your motorcycle riding experience much more enjoyable. The prominent features of this product include:
- Weather proof wired remote control.
- Suitable for bikes, motorcycles and boats with 12 V.
- The BOSS Audio MC500 Motorcycle/UTV Amplifier Speaker system has rotary volume control.
- It has a built in FM radio along with electronic auto scan tuning.
- A remote control
- Laminated LCD display.
- Detachable amplifier.
- Adjustable brackets that can fit to 0.75″ to 1.25″ handle bars.
- A rubber covers protection to protect the control pane from the elements.
- 5 mm Aux audio input.
- Maximum 600 watts of power supply.
- 3 inch chrome speakers.
- SD slot that supports 128MB,256MB,512MB,1GB,2GB/4GB SD card
- USB interface that supports USB flash memory.
- Auto playing function that starts playing the music automatically when you insert SD card or USB with Mp3 format songs.
- 2 Chrome 3″ Weatherproof loudspeakers having cable wire harness
- Compatible with Audio Output of iPod and other MP3 Players.
- High impact ABS exterior.
#9 BOSS Audio MC400 Motorcycle/UTV Speaker and Amplifier System Review
This is another great product from the Boss Audio product line. The main features of its amplifier include:
- Total power requirement of 600 watts.
- Amplifier class A/B that is efficient on your battery.
- Its signal to noise ratio (SNR) is 50 dB.
- Dimensions are as follows: 4″ x 4″ 4.5″.
- Total harmonic distortion at RMS output is 0.1%.
- Its frequency response varies from 20 to 20000 Hz.
- 1 year Sonic electronicx and 2 years manufacturer’s warranty.
- 3″ amplified motor bike speaker system.
- It’s waterproof design improves its durability.
- 5mm AUX audio input Jack
- Suitable for motorcycles, scooters and boats with 12 V.
- Rotary volume control.
- Includes Power & Protection LEDs.
- Compatible with Audio Output of iPod.
- High-Impact, Hi-temp ABS Exterior.
These are some of the best motorbike speakers that are available in the market. Their sound quality and wattage power will surely add colors to your motorcycle riding experience.