The new Buffalo MiniStation is the new 500 GB portable external hard drive from Buffalo. The company is known to make some pretty good storage devices and the new MiniStation comes packed with a lot of features to impress the audience. Firstly this is a USB 2.0 Hard Drive and is extremely portable. The entire hard drive comes at 3 inches including the piano black casing. At the tip of the hard drive there is a blue LED that turns on indicating that your Hard Drive is on use. The MiniStation Stealth is extremely light weight and can be varied around pretty easily. The Stealth also comes packed with a feature called Turbo PC. This increases your file transfer speed up to 2 times using your resources from the computer’s RAM.
The hard Disk comes preformatted in FAT 32 and can be easily changed either to your NTFS or HFS+ according to your liking. It comes with a plug and play USB so there is no other additional setup involved. Simply, insert your USB 2.0 plug and you are all set to use the device.
- Super-slim, lightweight design saves space for ultimate portability
- Turbo PC increases file transfer rates by up to 2X over competing USB 2.0 portable hard drives
- Preformatted hard drive is ready for immediate use with Windows and Mac
- Perfect companion for your laptop or notebook – no external power needed
- ECO Manager conserves energy and battery power
- Brand Name: Buffalo Technology
- Model: HD-PCT500U2/B
- Hard Disk Size: 500 GB
- Warranty: 1 year warranty
- Hardware Platform: PC, Mac
- Hard Disk Description: External hard drive
- Width: 3 inches
- Depth: 0.6 inches
- Height: 4.5 inches
- Weight: 5.8 Ounces
Clearly one of the best USB 2.0 External hard drive. Buffalo is known for giving high quality performance and the Stealth is very light weight and portable. If you are looking for a good 500 GB USB 2.0 External Drive then this should be your choice. It also supports new features lie Turbo PC which further increases your transfer rate. The Buffalo Stealth is fully compatible with the MAC Time Machine as well.