Meta Description: Few breakfast foods are better than a piece of toast. While making toast in the oven is possible, most consumers want a dedicated toaster. Even though there are many toasters on the market, not all are a good investment. The best four-slice toaster is functional, stylish and affordable, as are other leading toasters.
The 9 Best 4-Slice Toasters: Choosing Our Top Picks
There is something about the perfect slice of toast that makes a weekend morning cozy. Whether you prefer complete breakfasts or just want something to go with your coffee, toast is hard to pass up. Because toasting bread beneath the broiler of your oven is a pain, you may want to invest in a toaster. Four-slice models make up to four pieces of delicious toast at a time.
Of course, not every four-slice toaster on the market is a good investment. How do you know which ones are worth your money and which ones aren’t? That’s where we come in. We compiled a list of the best four-slice toasters in 2018. Continue reading to see which toasters made our rankings.
How We Found Our Favorites
There are thousands of toasters available for sale. To help you determine which is the best one for your toasting goals, we reviewed more than 20 top-selling toasters. To make our list of the best four-slice toasters, an appliance had to have the following:
- Effective toasting
- Elegant style
- Quality construction
- Affordable pricing
Because marketing materials tend to be a bit hyperbolic, we didn’t just take the word of each toaster manufacturer. Instead, we read through dozens of customer reviews. In our quest to provide you with honest, reliable information, we tell you about both positive and negative customer experiences whenever appropriate.
The 9 Best 4-Slice Toasters of the Year
1. KitchenAid RKMT4203CA 4-Slice Pro Line Toaster, Candy Apple Red
- Featuring a host of user-friendly features and a slick, modern design based on KitchenAid’s signature stand mixer, the...
- With an automated feeding function, Auto Keep Warm feature, seven shade settings and four toasting functions, toasting...
- Four-slice capacity
n our opinion, one four-slice toaster is clearly better than any other. The Kitchen Aid KMT 4203 four-slice toaster is a beautiful, high-quality appliance. When you are ready to make toast, simply insert bread into one, two, three or all of this toaster’s slots. A mechanism then gently lifts and lowers the slices into the toasting area. When the process is complete, you hear a bell before grabbing your perfectly toasted bread. Even better, your toast stays warm until you are ready to enjoy it, thanks to an included warmer on the Kitchen Aid KMT 4203 toaster.
We like this KitchenAid toaster for its capabilities. With just the turn of a knob, you choose the perfect toasting for frozen bread, dark toast, bagels and other types of food. We also love the sleek, modern look of this machine. Despite being easy on the eyes, the Kitchen Aid KMT 4203 toaster is durable. Whether you live in a busy household or by yourself, you will appreciate the volume and capabilities of this toaster.
Of course, the many features and cool look of the Kitchen Aid KMT 4203 toaster don’t come cheaply. If you want this piece of functional aluminum art for your kitchen, expect to pay as much as a decent television set.
2. Dualit 4 Slice NewGen Toaster Copper
- Dualit Classic 4 Slice New Gen Stainless Steel Toaster - Hand Built in the UK - Replaceable ProHeat Elements - Heat One/...
- CLASSIC STYLE MODERN PERFORMANCE: With defrost settings, a mechanical browning control dial, an easy to remove and empty...
- BAGEL & DEFROST SETTINGS: Perfect for bagels, tea cakes or crumpets, this setting toasts the cut side whilst warming the...
While the Dualit 4-slice NewGen toaster didn’t quite make it to the top of our list, it Is an excellent kitchen appliance. Made with a stainless-steel shell and copper-colored finish, the NewGen perfectly toasts bread, bagels and other similar items. Like the KitchenAid toaster at the top of our survey, the NewGen has an integrated warmer to keep your toast an optimal temperature until you are ready to eat it.
This toaster has a well-deserved reputation for quality. In fact, Dualit makes its toasters with top-grade materials and careful assembly. The result is a toaster that looks and feels as good as it functions. We like the heating element in the NewGen toaster specifically. Its patented design keeps your toast moist while putting the perfect layer of crust on it. Likewise, the knobs are simple to turn and resist incidental movement.
3. Cuisinart CPT-180P1 Metal Classic 4-Slice toaster, Brushed Stainless
- Dual control panels make this two toasters in one with smooth Brushed Stainless housing
- Custom control: 6-setting browning dials, dual reheat, defrost and bagel buttons with LED indicators
- 1-1/2 inch - wide toasting slots, Extra-lift carriage lever, slide-out crumb tray and convenient cord storage
We recognize that not all consumers want to spend a fortune on a toaster. The best budget-friendly offering we reviewed is the Cuisinart CPT 180BCH toaster. This stainless-steel toaster is perfect for toasting bread, making hash browns, warming pastries or preparing other types of foods.
Even though this Cuisinart toaster is affordable, it has a unique design that we love. The face has two slide-down depressors and two dials. The overall look is both iconic and simple. Also, the wide toasting slots make this appliance versatile.
If you don’t want to spend a fortune on your new toaster, the Cuisinart CPT – 180BCH is a good option. The construction and materials are durable enough to withstand daily usage in busy kitchens.
4. KitchenAid KMT4115ER Toaster with Manual High-Lift Lever, Empire Red
- 4 Extra-Wide Slots
- Depth 11.4,Height 7.48,Width 11.62 (inches).Bagel and Cancel Buttons
- All-Metal Construction
As you will recall, a Kitchen Aid toaster occupies the top spot on our list of the best 4-slice toasters for 2018. Another Kitchen Aid appliance is the fourth-best toaster in our estimation. The KMT 422ER is an elegant toaster that offers extra-wide toasting slots. Whether you want to warm a waffle, toast bread or tackle a bigger job, the Kitchen Aid KMT 422ER four-slice toaster is a good choice.
We like the KMT 422ER for its uniform toasting capabilities. You won’t have to worry about missed spots on your bread. While this toaster isn’t quite as stylish as the one in first place, it is modern and clean-looking. The budget, meanwhile, is significantly less than the other KitchenAid toaster we reviewed.
5. West Bend TEM4500W Egg & Muffin Toaster, 4-Slice, Black (Discontinued
- The Breville Smart Toaster with extra long slice capacity for bread types that need longer slots; Use one touch auto...
- INNOVATIVE FEATURES: 'Lift & Look' and 'A Bit More' allow you to check on your toast or add a little extra time without...
- EXTRA LONG 4 SLICE CAPACITY: The toaster features a 4 slice capacity and provides longer slots to meet the demands of...
If gadgets are your thing, you will fall in love with the Breville BTA830XL toaster. This four-slice appliance toasts your food to perfection, while an indicator light keeps you updated on toasting progress. The completion alarm is adjustable, allowing you to avoid startling yourself early in the morning.
While toasters can be bulky, this one isn’t. In fact, it has two long toasting slots. While these slots are optimal for a variety of cooking jobs, they also result in a narrower appliance. This toaster holds its own your kitchen countertop, too. Made with modern lines and a die-cast shell, the Breville BTA830XL has an industrial, cool look.
You may expect a toaster with minimalistic design to be expensive. While the BTA830XL is more expensive than some of the toasters we reviewed, it remains moderately affordable.
6. West Bend TEM4500W Egg & Muffin Toaster, 4-Slice, Black (Discontinued
- Included Components: West Bend Tem4500W Egg And Muffin Toaster Meat Tray
- Fabric Type: Plastic, Metal
- Material Type: Plastic
In the modern era, it seems silly to have appliances that only do one thing. With the West Blend TEM4500W egg and muffin toaster, you can prepare toast at the same time you cook eggs and breakfast meat. Choose to poach, hard boil or soft boil your eggs with the flip of a switch.
We like this toaster for its versatility. We don’t, however, love its overall design. While it is black and shiny, the appliance has an inexpensive look to it. Because the toaster is affordable, it deserves a spot on our list. Any busy person or family is sure to appreciate this toaster’s features and capabilities.
7. Russell Hobbs 2-Slice Retro Style Toaster, Red & Stainless Steel,…
- Toasting Timer - The countdown timer shows the time it will take to make the toast at the selected browning setting.
- Removable Warming Rack - This wire rack attaches to the top of the toaster, allowing for easy warming of buns, pastries,...
- Lift & Look - Monitor the progress of toasting without canceling the heating cycle.
The Russel Hobbs four-slice toaster will likely remind you of something from Mayberry. This appliance features retro styling that is sure to add pizzazz to virtually any kitchen. With a bright red shell and chrome accents, this toaster is hard to store in a cupboard.
The browning control is a breeze to use. It also delivers perfect toast every time you insert some bread into the wide slots. It also has a warming rack that sits on top of the toaster. Rather than preheating your oven to warm rolls or pastries, simply use your multi-purpose toaster.
8. Oster 4-Slice Toaster, Brushed Metal (TSSTTRWF4S-SHP)
- 4-slice toaster with extra-wide slots accommodates a variety of items
- Auto-adjusting bread guides for even, consistent toasting; toast-lift lever for easy retrieval
- 7 toast shade settings from light to dark and 4 modes: bagel, frozen, cancel, and reheat
If you want an affordable toaster that doesn’t carry the Hamilton Beach brand, take a look at the Oster TSSTTRWF4S four-slice toaster. This option is analog, so you won’t find a digital display anywhere on the toaster. That’s what makes it cool. With a retro look, modern styling and a brushed chrome finish, the Oster toaster looks great on your kitchen counter.
If you want to store this toaster in a cabinet, you are in luck. The Oster toaster is lightweight. It does not, however, feature cool-touch technology. Thus, you must be sure the appliance is completely cool before you store it. You also must be sure you don’t let the hot toaster press against other items.
9. Hamilton Beach 4 Slice Extra Wide Long Slot Stainless Steel Toaster…
- Fits all your favorite breads: this 4 slice toaster Fits all your favorite bagels and Artisan breads with ease....
- Keep Warm setting: tired of cold toast? With the optional keep Warm setting, you can keep toast Warm for an Extra 3...
- Convenient toast setting options: this 2-slot, 4 slice toaster has bagel, defrost, or cancel options, so you can quickly...
Hamilton Beach is the king of affordable small kitchen appliances. The final toaster on our list is Hamilton Beach’s long-slot toaster. This appliance is small and user-friendly. We like it for its simple design and warming option.
This toaster has a metallic finish and no cool-touch feature. Still, it is affordable and toasts adequately. If you want a more uniform performance, though, consider purchasing a higher-ranked toaster.
4-Slice Toaster Buyer’s Guide
If you are in the market for a new toaster, you want to be certain you get the best one for your toasting needs. As you know from our rankings, toasters are available at essentially every budget. To avoid wasting money, think about the following considerations before you shop for your next favorite appliance.
A toaster should toast. While all accomplish this basic function, most toasters include some other options. Some of the most popular ones are the following:
- Multi-toasting capabilities
- Crumb trays
- Defrosting capabilities
- Warming options
- Cool-touch shell
- Retractable cord
These aren’t the only available options. You may choose toasters in a variety of sizes, styles, shapes, colors, finishes and materials.
While purchasing the coolest, largest toaster may be tempting, doing so could be a mistake. Before you shop, think about how much space you have to display or store the toaster. Large toasters can significantly eat into your kitchen space. Meanwhile, they can take up entire shelves in your cupboards. Therefore, be sure you note the measurements of all possible toasters. Then, use a ruler or tape measure to visualize how much space the toaster will consume in your kitchen. If you are in doubt, you may want to err on the smaller side instead of opting for a large toaster.
We know this is a list of the best four-slice toasters for 2018. Nonetheless, you may not need a four-slice toaster. In fact, if you usually only make one or two pieces of toast, you may want to invest in a two-slice version.
Image Source: Pexels.com
Final Thoughts on Finding the Best 4-Slice Toaster
The best four-slice toaster in our opinion is from Kitchen Aid. You don’t, however, have to spend a fortune to get a good toaster. Since all of the toasters on our survey are excellent, you can find one that gets the job done without busting your budget.
Image Source: Pexels.com
We know there are thousands of four-slice toasters. If you decide to purchase one that didn’t make it onto our list of the best four-slice toasters, that’s fine. We hope you use our list to better educate yourself about the features, options and budget of four-slice toasters.
Last update on 2021-10-16 at 20:35 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API