Technological advancements have impacted every part of our daily life – one such instance includes how we listen to music and set up home theaters. We can now watch movies in HD or 4k, and we are able to listen to music of high quality, at home. When you go out looking for the perfect set of floor standing speakers, you may be confronted with the challenge of picking the best product.
While all speakers are designed with the same purpose in mind, some of them carry out this main function, the production of sound, much more efficiently than others. Thanks to a wide range of speakers available in the market, now you are able to find one as per your specific needs and budget. Floor standing speakers offer some of the best sound money can buy.
When it comes to quality of sound, style, durability, and portability – floor standing speakers are as good, if not better, than various other speaker types on the market. Because of their size, shape, and the fact that they stand upright vertically, floor standing speakers offer consumers some very impressive sound quality, and at a reasonable expense.
Best Floor Standing Speakers Complete Guide
Why Go For Floor Standing Speakers?
In the presence of so many different kinds speakers on the market, why should you consider floor-standing speakers?
- Floor standing speakers occupy the same limited floor space as any other speakers but due to their height can offer clear and accurate left and right channel sound resulting in a better surround-sound quality.
- Floor standing speakers are able to produce a more dynamic range of sound when compared with the boxed stereo, or in-ceiling systems. You will be able to easily feel the difference between the quality of sound coming from a floor-standing speaker and a boxed or bookshelf speaker. Floor standing speakers generally consist of multiple speakers – some may include subwoofers, along with others to handle the mids and high-frequency sounds.
Also termed as speaker efficiency, which is the response of the speaker to the changes in power. Speakers with high sensitivity rating will need less power to produce a better sound quality (the higher the sensitivity, the higher the volume), whereas speakers with low sensitivity rating will need more power to do the same. Floor standing speakers with a high sensitivity rating are usually desired – all of the top-rated floor standing speakers we have reviewed below get plenty loud.
Drivers are responsible for producing the sound that you hear. The size, range, quality, and the number of drivers present within the speakers determine the range of frequencies heard, and overall sound quality. It’s always wise to keep the driver specifications in mind when shopping for any speaker, not just floor standing speakers.
The size, weight, and dimensions of the speakers, along with the size of the room you are planning to put them all play roles in how the speakers will sound. Finding the correct sitting distance between the two speakers, for your room size, is also important. You will need to put them at least a couple of feet apart in order for the subwoofers and tweeters to produce the kind of sound these floor standing speakers are known for. Floor standing speakers placed in a large room, often sound very different from those same speakers in a small room.
If you are planning to attach an amp or some other input device to the floor-standing speakers, you need to make sure that those speakers are compatible. Nowadays, most brands are compatible with other brands, so this is a lesser issue than in the past. Whether you are a student or a teacher, a patient or a doctor, a Dj or an audiophile you surely need to listen to your favorite music and watch your favorite movies – floor standing speakers are your all-around solution.
Now that we have brought the various features of the floor standing speakers to your attention, let us now have a look at some of the most trusted, high-quality floor standing speakers available. In the presence of so many floor standing speakers, it is very easy to get duped into purchasing an average product. We went ahead and rated for you the top 10 best floor standing speakers available for purchase. Don’t settle for less, buy the best speakers within your budget that you can!
What Are The Best Floor Standing Speakers?
1. Polk Audio Monitor-75T Review
If you are looking for some exceptional sound and unmatched clarity in your music, the Polk Audio Monitor-75T Four-Way floor standing speakers are surely your best bet. These speakers perform equally well as some of their more expensive counterparts – they produce clean, spacious, and punchy audio that is hard to come by. Whether you are looking to build a home theater or a simple stereo system, the perfect size and design of these speakers is guaranteed to produce bold and realistic sound quality. The bass is deep and direct, and the mids and high are carried out with precision.
Some good features of the Polk Audio Monitor-75T four-way floor standing Speakers:
- These speakers come with 6 ½ “ composite dynamic balance drivers, which offer excellent bass with minimum distortion.
- The Polk Audio Monitor 75T Four-way floor standing monitors come with a 1” Dynamic Balance dome tweeter, which delivers a clear and high-frequency response, for realistic sound reproduction.
- These speakers also have multiple smaller sized drivers for better mid-range. The end result – more detail and wider sound dispersion, which manifests in an overall more three-dimensional feel to the music.
- Myler bypass capacitors are used as crossovers, which ensures more detailed high frequencies.
- For a cleaner, livelier and sharper quality of sound, these speakers come in a non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction, with thick baffles.
2. Cerwin Vega SL15 Review
Simplistic in design but serious in sound – this best describes the Cerwin Vega SL15 3-Way Floor Speakers. No need to spend thousands of dollars designing a perfect sound system for your home – the Cerwin Vega SL15 3-Way floor speakers are of excellent quality and are much less expensive. Depending on the size of your room and your sound preferences, you will surely be able to find a perfect Cerwin Vega SL speaker for you, since they come in so many different models and every single model offers a different configuration. Cerwin has been in this business for many years now, and are known for their high-quality speakers, which meet and often exceed the consumer’s experience. You will love the deep bass, accurate mids, and crisp highs, that these speakers produce.
Let us have a look at some of its unique features:
- Bass Reflex Cabinet for extended lows
- For a punchy and bold bass, these speakers are loaded with large 15” subwoofer
- The 3-way system design allows for a better and clearer sound quality
- These speakers come with a classical design and a removable grille
3. Fluance XL7F Review
Whether you play your music at low volume levels or at full volume, the Fluance XL7F’s sound excellent. We found that the XL7F’s may take a few minutes to warm up before they are able to perform at their best. These speakers are equally good when listening to jazz, classic, R&B, Rock, or Hip Hop music. You can even watch HD movies and play the latest video games with great audio. Different registers ensure minimum distortion in all frequency ranges.
Some cool things about the Fluance XL7F High-Performance Three-way Floor-standing Loudspeakers:
- A Butterworth design with premium crossovers offers better audio equalization.
- For optimum conductivity, these speakers are fitted with Bi-amp 5-wire gold-plated binding post terminals.
- In order to ensure performance reliability, the unwanted cone resonance is suppressed with the Butyl rubbers.
- For longer excursions, these speakers are provided with 8” long-throw subwoofers.
4. Polk Audio RTI A7 Review
The RTiA7 is in a class by itself and made for serious music lovers on a budget. The curved edges with real wood veneer coating give these speakers a handsome and refined look, not often seen in floor standing speakers. These speakers are equipped with the latest hardware to provide a smooth and accurate sound response. The exclusive PowerPort technology helps take care of the noise air turbulence. With these top-rated speakers in your room, you will surely enjoy deep bass, natural midrange, and clear highs.
Let us have a look at some of the distinguishing features of RTiA7 floor standing speakers:
- These speakers come with 6 ½ “ midrange driver to provide clarity and lifelike details to the soundtracks
- The patented Dynamic Balance Technology by Polk ensures good sound quality and no distortions
- The patented 6-layered DAHLI design offers inert enclosure and minimal resonance ensuring a clean and accurate sound
- The ARC (Acoustic Resonance Control) technology offers a distortion-free natural sound
- For a deeper bass impact, these speakers are designed in such a way that allows for a smooth transition of the air flow, from the port, into the listening area.
5. Klipsch RF-52 II Reference Series Review
Flawless design and unparalleled sound quality – The five words that best describe the Klipsch RF-52 II Reference Series floor-standing loudspeakers. Whether you are watching a Sci-fi movie or playing Counter Strike video game on your Xbox, these speakers produce some of the best audio in this budget. These speakers are ideal for small to medium-sized rooms, as they offer full-bodied and dynamic sound quality. With the updated drivers crossover system, consumers can expect much deeper bass, clear midrange tones, and sharp but accurate highs. Use these as your front left and right home theater speakers for a great home theater audio system.
Some good things about the Klipsch RF-52 II Reference Series Floor-standing Loudspeakers:
- These speakers perform equally well with movies, video games, and music listening.
- Equipped with 1” Travel Suspension tweeter that allows louder sound with lesser distortions
- The wood-grain vinyl veneer cabinet design give these speakers a handsome and classy look
- For lifelike sound, each speaker in the Klipsch RF-52 II Reference Series uses a Tractrix Horn technology. This also allows for less use of energy to produce better sound.
6. Fluance AVBP2 Review
These speakers are termed “Bipolar” because of their unique design, which combines two identical panels with a 4” woofer and 1” Neodymium tweeter in each speaker. Because of their unique design, their sound ambiance is unique and fun to listen to. If you are looking for surround sound, these speakers are some of the best as they provide all the localization needed for soundtracks, with directional sound effects. Because of their sound quality and their physical dimensions, the Fluance AVBP2 Home Theater Bipolar Surround Sound Satellite Speakers can also be used as bookshelf speakers. These speakers are fitted with only the best materials: high-performance magnets, Neodymium tweeters, and high-tech crossovers – they offer a pure listening experience.
Let’s have a sneak peek at some of their good features:
- High efficiency and unique bipolar design which offers optimum surround imaging
- Gold plated binding terminals for better conductivity
- A Butterworth design in the Crossover
- High-end Neodymium Pure Silk Dome tweeters
- MDF wood construction for reduced cabinet resonance
- Butyl Rubber surrounds for increased durability and performance
7. Sony SSF-5000 Review
Although not new to the world of speakers, the SSF-5000 floor speakers by Sony can fill any room with the right bass to keep the party going. These speakers are designed by Sony keeping one thing in mind – to offer a full range of tones to the listeners. The kind of bass, treble, and the quality of sound these speakers can produce makes them an excellent option for the amount of money you spend. Whether you want to use them as stand-alone floor speakers, use them as computer speakers, or include them in a surround sound system, the Sony SSF-5000 Floor standing 3-way Speakers perform equally well in any role you assign to them.
Let us have a closer look at these speakers and find out how they are different from the rest:
- They carry larger than average sized speakers.
- Their sleek and stylish design allows them to be placed in any part of the room
- With a total height of 33.5”, depth of 10.4” and Width of 9.5” you sure will find the best place for them in your small room
- These speakers come with an 8” Kevlar HOP woofer
8. JBL Studio 280 Review
JBL has been in the business of producing high-quality speakers for serious music enthusiasts. This is another effort by them to provide music lovers the kind of sound quality that is expected. The JBL Studio 280 Dual 6.5-Inch 3-Way Floor-standing Loudspeaker surely redefines the future of speaker sound. Tried and tested in their own research labs, these loudspeakers went through many hoops before they finally reached the market. They come with 6.5” Patented PolyPlas midrange drivers, which are capable of delivering twice the signature potency that any other model can offer. The high definition imaging waveguide design and 1” CMMD Lite high-frequency drivers let you enjoy pure sound quality with all the details.
Following are some of the good things about the JBL Studio 280 Dual 6.5-Inch 3-Way Floor-standing Loudspeakers:
- These speakers come with 6.5” dual PolyPlas drivers for better sound clarity
- To reduce cabinet wall flexing, and improve the bass response, these speakers are provided with internal edge-to-edge bracing.
- High definition imaging design allows the consumer to listen to natural sound, with full detail, in every instance.
Last update on 2021-03-06 at 12:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API